You can scan and email your application to us here, or fax it to our Administrative office at (310) 458-8857.
Becoming an individual volunteer is the most rewarding and impactful experience you can have at our clubs short of becoming a staff member. You can make a lasting impact on a young person’s life through mentoring, coaching, test prep, or just being a strong role model.
- Apply: Fill out a Volunteer Application and submit it to our Main Branch or via email to our Volunteer Coordinator.
- Pass a Background Check: For the safety of our youth, all adult volunteers must pass a background check. The consent for this is included in the volunteer application. Background checks cost $30 and payment must be made before orientation.
- Orientation: All new volunteers must attend an orientation to learn more about our Club and our programs, as well as our current volunteer needs. Orientations are held at least once a month and lasts about one hour.
- Interview: We want utilize your time and talents while fulfilling our greatest needs. Spend some time talking with our Volunteer Coordinator to help determine your best placement.
- Make a difference! Spend time impacting your community in a direct and meaningful way (and have a lot of fun too)!
Youth Volunteers (High School Club Members Only)
Youth volunteers are high school students who are interested in giving back to their community while learning meaningful leadership and job skills. They are valuable role models for younger members and are often assisting them with programs, homework, sports and special event activities. All Youth Volunteers must be a current member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica or commit to volunteer for 30 hours within a 3 month period. Youth Volunteers are enrolled in our Leaders in Training Program, and report to the Teen Director or Branch Director at their site. All participants in the LIT program will review program expectations, skills for working with younger members and the community, and upcoming volunteer opportunities with their direct supervisor. Click here to fill out at Youth Volunteer Application form.
For corporate volunteering or events, visit our Get Involved Page
We welcome groups of all sizes who are willing to dedicate time to impacting the lives our youth. Group Volunteer opportunities are subject to program schedules and staff availability. Opportunities include:
- Teaching a special class
- Organizing an athletic event
- Building beautification
- Special projects with members
- Assisting with homework
Please note that on occasions group sizes may be too large for planned activities so we may have to split the group among our various locations or times. All adult participants in a group volunteer event will need to submit a Group Volunteer Application two weeks prior to the event date.