Employee of the Month – Jesse Satterfield!
Congratulations to Jesse Satterfield our Employee of The Month for March 2017!
We are very excited to announce our Employee of the Month for March 2017 as none other than Jesse Satterfield of the Lincoln Branch!
Enough couldn’t be said about his “go the extra mile” attitude. This month Jesse’s peers spotlighted his efforts from making sure he assisted the Housekeeping Department every morning transporting super heavy bags for dumping, to remaining at the Lincoln Branch until 1:00 AM to open the doors so that the Hawaii team could get in safely, to conducting All Star practices at 6:00 AM, to organizing and hosting the annual Biddy Banquet, to leading a safe excursion to the Biddy Classic in Palm Springs last weekend and all in the month of March!
Jesse’s commitment and dedication to the Club are on display and it has positively impacted the lives of so many of our kids, their families and his co-workers.
Congratulations to you, Jesse!
Our Mission: Be Inspirational. Save Lives.
To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as caring, responsible, productive citizens.
The Impact: Our Community
- 85% of parents observed their children have improved school performance since attending the Club.
- Juvenile crime escalates from 3-7pm, by providing young people a safe place to go after school, LA Clubs save the community $82.9 million per year.
- This year 100% of BGCSM Club Members graduated from high school, compared to only 77% of LAUSD high school students.
- For every $1 spent by LA Clubs, $16.18 of earnings are generated by parents who can keep their jobs due to the services the Clubs provide.
- 91% of Club members report a boost in confidence after attending a Boys & Girls Club.
- With every $100,000 a LA Club spends, $1.64 million of positive economic impact is generated for the community.
Our Clubs: Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica (BGCSM)
Since 1944, BGCSM has given kids and teens what they need to succeed, providing a safe and nurturing environment to develop socially, succeed in school, stay physically active and prepare for positive futures.
- We currently serve approximately 3,939 young people, ages 6 to 18, through Club memberships.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica are made up of serving youth from 128 zip codes throughout LA.
- At two of our sites, the membership fee is $20 annually for access to all Club programs. At the other eight sites, membership is free of charge.
Our Vision: To Create Great Futures for America’s Youth
We aim to assure success is within reach of every child who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.