The EOM award for June goes to Tino Carlo! Our team member was nominated for his outstanding contributions to the Major Gifts and Resource Development Department. He has been instrumental in some of their major products such as the Club’s Program Guide and Annual Report and the ongoing management of our critical data systems.
The Development Department has the important responsibility to raise funds and awareness for the Club’s philanthropic initiatives–through public relations and marketing–to individual donors, corporations, and foundations. Tino’s work helps to move us forward with our philanthropy, donor cultivation, and stewardship outreach. His skill in capturing the Club’s data and maintaining its accuracy and availability helps sustain valuable relationships with those who believe in and support the Club.
Thank you and congratulations, Tino!
Our Mission: Be Inspirational. Save Lives.
To inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as caring, responsible, productive citizens.
The Impact: Our Community
- 85% of parents observed their children have improved school performance since attending the Club.
- Juvenile crime escalates from 3-7pm, by providing young people a safe place to go after school, LA Clubs save the community $82.9 million per year.
- This year 100% of BGCSM Club Members graduated from high school, compared to only 77% of LAUSD high school students.
- For every $1 spent by LA Clubs, $16.18 of earnings are generated by parents who can keep their jobs due to the services the Clubs provide.
- 91% of Club members report a boost in confidence after attending a Boys & Girls Club.
- With every $100,000 a LA Club spends, $1.64 million of positive economic impact is generated for the community.
Our Clubs: Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica (BGCSM)
Since 1944, BGCSM has given kids and teens what they need to succeed, providing a safe and nurturing environment to develop socially, succeed in school, stay physically active and prepare for positive futures.
- We currently serve over 4,300 young people, ages 6 to 18, through Club memberships.
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Santa Monica are made up of serving youth from 128 zip codes throughout LA.
- At two of our sites, the membership fee is $20 annually for access to all Club programs. At the other eight sites, membership is free of charge.
Our Vision: To Create Great Futures for America’s Youth
We aim to assure success is within reach of every child who enters our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrating good character and citizenship, and living a healthy lifestyle.